Nuffnang

Friday, January 30, 2009

A Prayer to Start My Children's Day


I want to share a short but very beautiful prayer that I got from Joel Osteen's book, Your Best Life Now, which I pray out loud to Isabelle and Ilysse, every single day before they go to school or before they start their day.

"Father, You promised us in Psalm 91 that you will give your angels charge over us and that no evil would come near our household. So, I thank you that my children, Isabelle and Ilysse, are supernaturally protected and You are guiding them and watching after them. Father, You said that we're the head and not the tail and that you will surround us with favor. So, I thank you that my children, Isabelle and Ilysse, are blessed and that they will excel at whatever they put their hands to do. Amen."

I love how the prayer invokes and confirms God's ever-powerful and supernatural presence in the lives of our children. Whenever I say this prayer, I get a sense of stillness that is not of this world and I feel eternally grateful that we have a God who will always be there for my children.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Thanks a lot, Miriam, for your message. It warmed my heart and motivated me to update this blog.