Nuffnang

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Those Dreaded Nights

I was surprised when Ilysse called me at 3 in the afternoon today. She told me she was having a tummy ache and hasn't eaten anything for lunch. When I left in the morning, she complained of a tummy ache but told her that she might just be hungry because she hasn't had breakfast yet. I knew that she must have felt really sick because that was the first time she called me in the office. I wanted to hurry home but was also itching to do some grocery because the kids have virtually cleaned out our pantry that was just 2 weeks ago filled to the brim. When I learned after a few minutes that Ilysse had fallen asleep, I rushed to the supermarket while whispering a prayer that my Ilysse would be ok.

When I came home, Ilysse still hadn't eaten a decent meal and had vomited when she woke up. I gave her Chamomilia and Carbo Betulae for the tummy ache and the vomiting. At around 8 pm, she developed a slight fever which just kept on rising, and peaked at 12 midnight at 39.3 C. I have been giving her Apis Belladona every hour. Considering that I just need to give her 5 drops of it, I use a dropper and she doesn't even stir. I dread nights like this. Every parent does. Could it be dengue? Intestinal Flu? Or even Appendicitis?

After giving her the Apis every hour since 8 pm, her fever has gone down to 37.7 C at 2 am. I'm ready to get some rest. I just earnestly hope that tomorrow won't bring me one of those dreaded nights again.

No comments: