Nuffnang

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Oblivious to Brand

There is one thing that I want my children to learn in this age of unrestrained consumerism and that is detachment from all things material and superficial. I know the difficulty that lies ahead in teaching this value. Children are bombarded with all kinds of stimuli that promote the belief that anything expensive and anything that comes with a brand is good, or even better.

I can honestly say that I have aqcuired some sort of immunity from anything branded, and anything expensive. My mom has showed me the way by her simple and thrifty ways, and I sincerely hope that I can pass it on to my children as well.

I trust that my girls can easily part with a Prada (the only costly brand in my closet that was given by a client) in the same way that I did with mine.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Yes! My husband is always saying that if he has to advertise for someone - they should be paying HIM! So true...