Nuffnang

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Proud Mother's Day!

Isabelle is turning 10 this December, Ilysse is celebrating her 7th birthday this August, and Romeo just turned 2. While the world over is exhorting a mother's undying devotion and love to their children, I would like to celebrate this day by expressing my sincerest gratitude to my children who at their young ages have shown me what unconditional love is. Just today, I could not forget the change in Romeo's expression when he saw me rasing my voice and reprimanding his sisters. He blurted out in his tiny voice, "Mama", and slowly walked to me with his arms all stretched out and ready to give me a hug. I felt so ashamed at my sudden burst of anger but at the same time, I felt so much love from this little boy of mine. My children have learned to put up with all my quirks, my moods, and my shortcomings as a mother. They have filled my days with love and pure fun. And for these and so much more, I am mighty proud to be called their "Mommy".

No comments: