Nuffnang

Monday, May 14, 2012

Are They Brave Enough?

I breastfed Isabelle for 1 1/2 years, Ilysse for 3 1/2 years, and am still breastfeeding Mio at 2. Wanted to wean him but with the controversial TIME magazine article on breastfeeding entitled, "Are You Mom Enough?", which elicited more negative reactions, I have decided not to. It all boils down to respect. I don't react when I see mothers giving their newborn babies infant formula. Why should mothers be criticized for extended breastfeeding when they are just doing what they believe in?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Rachelle,
thank you for this wonderful site!
I am a journalist from Germany working on a book about "Global Parenting", different parenting styles worldwide and childhood philosophies. I would love to do a short email interview with you. If you like, just contact me: m.schonhoeft@yahoo.de
with kind regards from Berlin,
Michaela